Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Screening: Psycho

  • The music starts off the movie with an incredibly ominous tone.
  • Much of what happens in the first 15 minutes doesn't play out the way I thought it would.
  • I had expected the police office in the beginning to show up again later in the movie or the man from whom the $40,000 was stolen to be the 'psycho'.
  • The cinematography is really enjoyable and the tracking shots are very well done.
  • The shot lengths were perfect, neither too long or too short.
  • I didn't notice an Alfred Hitchcock cameo in this film... did I miss it?
  • I was not expecting Norman Bates to be the psycho... and his mother?
  • The ending scene where the psychiatrist was explaining Norman's condition was a really great scene- it gave valuable insight that the audience couldn't have received another way, and it was filmed very strongly.
  • Although I had never seen this film, I was very excited too. I was not overly impressed, but it was a very solid movie, and I really want to watch it again knowing the ending.
  • Also, I am excited to read commentary on this movie so I can develop greater insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment